Eligibility & Exams
(Part 2: exam requirements)
Return to Eligibility
This page lets you create a summary of basic exam and English requirements for the FGL undergraduate program.
- Click Further Information below if you need more information on an item.
- Select an FGL course, entrance exam, and type of English qualification from the drop-down boxes.
- Click Next to display the requirements.
- FGL course: Choose one of the three courses offered by FGL.
Course Comments AMC FGL Advanced Molecular Chemistry Course AMB FGL Applied Marine Biology Course IMAC FGL International Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Course
- Entrance exam: Select the standardized exam you plan to take, or "Other" if your exam is not listed.
- English qualification: Select your type of English qualification. Choose "Other" if you don't see your qualification listed, or "School" if you attended for 4 years or longer a middle/high school where the main language used was English.
Qualification Comments TOEFL iBT® TEST Test Of English as a Foreign Language, Internet-based Test TOEFL® PBT TEST TOEFL, Paper-based Test IELTS International English Language Testing System School Select "School" if you attended middle/high schools where the primary language of teaching is English for four years or longer in one of the countries specified by Tohoku University, and will present a document to that effect from your school's principal.
Applicable countries: America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, the Caribbean Islands (not all Caribbean Islands are eligible; please inquire in advance)
Other Will submit a score from a test that is equivalent to those mentioned above.
Disclaimer: TOEFL is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This website is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
Back to top